M.O.T.D - Make up of the day
Ok so Im kinda playing on words but I really wanted to do a fresh fun make-up look today. I don't know what it is but I can never have my make-up the same every day as I get bored easily. My make-up looks reflect my mood and fashion that day whether I feel like a 40's hit ,heavy smoke or colour pop.
This morning the sun was shining and I was up early so I felt like doing something shimmery so the sun catches it but also adding a fun colour so this is what I came up with.
The best bit...It was done using Sleek only (except the eyeliner and lashes)
What I used
I used 2 palettes by Sleek make-up.
Original I-DIVINE and Chaos.
This is a high shine metallic palette full of beautiful M.A.C comparable eye shadows 12 in fact! If you were to fill a palette with 12 M.A.C shadows your looking at around £108.00 eeeeek.
Granted these are smaller but the pigment is very strong and the price well...I'll talk more on that. Now onto the other palette
This palette is packed with colour and product, the matte shadows are amazing and perfect for adding depth (i prefer using matte shadows to create depth). Again fantastically priced and wonderfully thought out.
What I did
I have numbered the shadows in order of use.
- I used a flat brush a sigma 239 to be precise and applied the copper colour (No 1) to the centre of the eyelid.
- I then applied No 2( from the Chaos palette a matte brown shade) to the inner and outer corner of the eyelid.
- Buff the crease to soften slightly and bring the colours together then apply No 3 to the crease and blend upwards to the brow bone.
- Line the upper lash line and add mascara or lashes (I used M.A.C ones but I don't know number)
- For the lower lash line I used an angle brush and placed No4 along the whole lower lashline and applied No 5 on top to give a teal look. (No 4 is a gorgeous emerald green and No 5 is a bright aqua)
This is a close up
Many of you probably know about Sleek but those few who don't these palettes are a cheapy cheap price of £4.99!!! Yes wowzers trousers It's insane right.
I love them and can't wait to get more I just wish Boots stocked it so I could use me points :)
I bought these with my own money so you know I am genuinely chuffed about this brand. I will do more posts using Sleek once I get the Acid palette.
Tip # If you have brown or green eyes try applying a purple on the bottom
Oh BTW I am wearing a nude gloss by Barry M
Do you like wearing a pop of colour on the eyes?