The party season is certainly upon us and sales of dresses are reportedly at a high this year.As sequins and glitter dominate our outfits drawing in all that attention you need to be looking flawless. This requires waxing, exfoliating and moisturising. We need to bring our skin back to life! I mean it might be the only time of the year you spend an evening with your work colleagues so you want to make sure your looking HOT!!!
First things first get rid of any excess hair, I personally have always shaved but there's many options out there. Recently I was kindly sent some wax strips to try and was pleasantly surprised. I did a waxing unit on my Beauty Therapy course so already had the confidence to use this but still felt a little scared of the pain.
Waxing the bikini line gave me fantastic results and has very little re-growth after 2 weeks!
I was going to wax a family member by thought it would be far more beneficial to my readers if I could describe my experience.
There's adequate information on the sheet provided but my description maybe more clear.
I waxed my underarms, bikini line and eyebrows. Although a little apprehensive of the bikini area I decided to get it done first so it was over with. Waxing the bikini line gave me fantastic results and has very little re-growth after 2 weeks!
There's 2 sized strips in the pack, the smaller for the facial areas and larger for areas of the body like bikini line and underarm.
- Prepare the area for waxing by cleansing with the gel found in the duo gel and after oil pack.
- This removes any oils and cleanses the area but make sure the hair is dry before applying the wax.
- Choose the correct strip for the area chosen and remove from backing plastic.
- Look at the direction of hair growth ,it probably wont all grow in the same direction.
- Locate small areas going the same way, place the wax strip over them and gently rub pressure over the strip in the same direction of the hair growth. *this is important*
- Next step is to create tension before removal so pull skin taught with one hand and with your other pull the wax strip quickly in opposite direction of the hair growth. This makes sure you remove the root so re-growth is slower and you will get no bumps.
- Do this over the whole area, once complete remove any excess wax with the Simply Wax oil.
My skin was so smooth after this, I will definitely be removing the re-growth when it arrives. The area most difficult and not as successful was the underarm. I imagine a few will struggle with this part as it's awkward and the skin can easily bruise.
The Mini Hair Removal Wax Strips for sensitive areas £6.99
The Pre Wax Cleansing Gel and After Wax Oil £10.89
Simply Wax by Otylia Roberts is available now from Boots, Superdrug, Sally or John Bell & Croyden.
Have you tried waxing at home?